International Project Development
(Planning, Management and Sustainability)
The goal of this training is to empower organization staff with the tools to develop sustainable projects. This is a three- day workshop that will specifically focus on project planning, management and budgeting. Throughout the training series, participants will put the participatory project design and budgeting skills into practice as they learn them in order to identify a need facing their community and to develop an appreciate and realistic response.
By the end of the training, participants will produce a complete project plan and budget that they can use to guide their future work in developing community-driven and sustainable projects. They will obtain the skill set to guide their future work and the fluency in core development concepts that will make them more competitive for larger funding sources.
- Workshop Objective: participants will explore the fundamentals on how to create an effective sustainable project plan.
- Target Student: Executives, Professionals and community leaders.
- Delivery Method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to acquire the following skills:
- Tools to assess community needs and develop appropriate and realistic responses
- Ability to develop a project plan that clearly articulates your project goals, objectives, activities and timeline
- Fluency in critical concepts of sustainability, gender equity and community participatory
- Ability to develop a basic project budget and track spending
- Ability to develop a monitoring plan to measure efficiency, effectiveness and impact throughout the life of the project
- Ability to conduct mid-term and final evaluations in order to determine improvement in future projects
Day1: Participatory Project Design
Topic: Community Mapping
Topic: Problem Tree Analysis
Topic: Gender and Vulnerable group analysis
Topic: Creating a positive vision for your community’s future
Topic: Mission Statement
Topic: Understanding your resources and capacity
Day2: Project Implementation Plan
Topic: Monitoring and Evaluation Overview
Topic: Intro to the Logical Framework
Topic: The Logical Frame Objectives and Goals
Topic: Log Frame Activities Output
Topic: Log Frame Indicator
Day3: Project Budget Development
Topic: Intro to Project Budget
Topic: Developing a Project Budget
Topic: Costing and Community Contribution
Topic: Budget Narrative